Saturday, January 5, 2013

Do It Ourselves

DIY.
DIO(urselves) does not have the same ring to it.
Thank god I will have J's help with all of this, and thank god she loves to make and bake and dream just like I do.

So it would seem that doing as much of this wedding ourselves as possible will not only be rewarding and memorable, but save us a lot of cash in the process. I like that idea. It means more room to take a nice honeymoon, more room to make our lives together even better, and more room to save for the baby-house-travelling-etc. that will fill our lives long after the Big Day.

This all leads me to wonder: How much can, and more importantly how much should we tackle ourselves? And how much can we make a small budget stretch?


All these sudden thoughts are generally circling my head, thoughts like "I should look for tulle on Craigslist every day." and "How can we cook for 65 people and transport it to the reception venue while wearing wedding gowns and also not seeing each other before the ceremony?" and "What if I just crochet 15 table runners and do some elephant-sized paintings to hang in the reception hall?" and "Can we mass-brew wine in our closet?". It seemed like a good idea to start logging and categorizing and sifting through the mental olympics in weddingplanningland that generally lead me nowhere at 3 a.m.

Who knows? Maybe this will lead to an artfully-planned wedding! Or maybe just chronicle the process of me slowly losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment